Hall Rentals - Contact Bonnie or Bob 780 447-5532
Community Hall Guidelines and Expectations
It is expected that the hall renters will leave the premises as clean (if not cleaner) than they found it.
Dovercourt hall is a non-smoking facility as per bylaw 13333 and smoking is not permitted within five metres (fifteen feet) of any entrance.
All hall rental functions that serve liquor MUST have a liquor license and host liquor liability insurance coverage which names Dovercourt Community League as “Additional Insured”. This insurance is from PAL Insurance Brokers Canada Ltd. And can be purchased through your own insurance broker or visit www.palcanada.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A liquor licence may be obtained from retail liquor stores.
Liquor liability insurance must be shown or emailed to the Hall Director before keys will be given out to hall renter.
The hall is NOT open for rentals to non-members and/or organizations for commercial use. Hall rentals do not include the use of the outdoor sign or the use of any sound system/television.
Membership is defined as “Members in good standing” which requires membership the previous year as well as the current year and to have had a positive relationship with community in times prior.
Bookings will not be taken for more than six months in advance except for weddings and community events.
The rental fee is payable at the time of booking and the damage deposit of $300.00 of cash or cheque is required when the key is picked up. Cheques are to be made payable to Dovercourt Community League”. The damage deposit will be returned (or cheque shredded) after the hall has been inspected and the keys returned. Should there be a problem, either the renter will be charged a fee or called back to return the premises to acceptable standard.
A full rental refund will be given if cancelled two months before the event is to take place. Refund claims of less than three months will be decided by the Executive.
Cost and Fees
- Weekend rental is for a fee of $250.00 plus $300.00 damage deposit. Weekend rental commences at 9:00 a.m. on Friday and terminates at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- One full day rental is for a fee of $125.00. Full day rental commences at 9:00 a.m. and terminates at 9:00 a.m. the following day.
- Partial day rental is for a fee of $75.00 for a daytime, unlicensed event. Partial day rental is for a maximum five-hour rental.
- Special rates for Lifetime Community League Members.
- The hall is made available to Dovercourt Community residents with Dovercourt memberships for or following funeral services for a fee of $75.00.
- Dovercourt Bucks may be used to pay the rental fee only, not the damage deposit.